Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thesis, Thesis, Thesis!

This is the time when it comes down to the final rounds. Thesis is four weeks away and I still have a bit to do but I am in a comfortable spot I think. All these sleepless and late nights I've pulled will all be worth it in the end. I need to also set up character sheets of all my sketches to get ready to present for the show. I plan on getting all these images framed as well.

I am currently creating some show-work to put around my thesis spot in the last two days. It all started with this movie poster:



We had to create a poster for our short, paid for and displayed by the school to raise awareness of each individual TBM project. A background I created before and intended to use for one of my scenes got cut on the fact that it didnt match quite well with my color palette (too green and my short is at night so it needed more of a blueish tone: Original Background Here ). So I decided to actually use it for a promotional photo and added to it. the result was the picture on the Movie Poster. What got me next was I couldn't think of how to title the piece. I knew what it was called but I didn't know what the title would look like. After trying a few varieties for looks I ended up taking a bit of inspiration for other name brands I've seen such as games like Pokemon and Final Fantasy to thinking about what type to hand trace and change up a little bit.

Which lead me to creating this logo for my thesis short:



This is what was given to me as far as a spot goes in the gallery and to tell you the truth I am very happy with it. Three walls, two corners, across from the lovely Dana Joy Jacobsen and the perfect size? Can't complain all. Today I am going to go up and measure everything out so I know how big to print my images off. I also plan on getting my business card and personal logo done today and then it would leave me with wrapping up my animated piece for the rest of the semester until we get permission to start hanging things.

This is what I have to work with:



There will definitely be more things uploaded on here as I begin to wrap everything up and finish things. Look for more soon!

- Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment